2018 FESTIVAL was a fantastic success – over 60 fabulous scarecrows spread across the village. Thank you to everyone who particpated, whether as a visitor, a scarecrow maker or as one of the huge team of workers and helpers. Also thank you very much to our sponsors and for all the fabulous donations we have received.
Welcome to the Norland Scarecrow Festival, which is run by the local people of Norland for the benefit of the whole community, with the money that is raised going to local causes and charities. It’s also a great family day out!
Find out who our 2018 winners were – 2018 Winners
The 2019 Norland Scarecrow Festival
- DATES: Friday 6th September through to Monday 9th September. 9am to 7pm – weather permitting. Feel free to visit on any of these days!
- THEME: This year’s festival theme is to be decided very soon! We look forward to the usual range of ingenious, witty and beautifully made scarecrows appearing all round our village.
- FESTIVAL ACTIVITIES: As well as scarecrows, there’s music, food, ice creams and lots more at this year’s Festival – Full details & top tips on enjoying your day!
Visiting the Norland Scarecrow Festival
- Parking: If you are visiting the Festival, please use the FREE car park, next to the Scarecrow Tent, on the playing fields in the centre of Norland, (see map, right or use postcode HX6 3RL). Please do not park on the roads in the village or leading into it, as this causes congestion and interferes with resident parking. More info on how to get to the festival.
- Viewing the Scarecrows: this is best done on foot or bicycle, using the Trail Sheet, which can be bought at the Scarecrow Tent for £2 (all proceeds go to charity) to find your way around. Please don’t attempt to visit all the scarecrows by vehicle – the local roads are very narrow. However, there is a section of the trail, as shown on the Trail Sheet, which can be done by car.
- Refreshments: There are many places to pick up food and drink, including Norland Church, the Scarecrow Cafe (Hollin Lane) and Norland WMC, plus the icecream van in the centre of the village. There are also numerous pubs and some local residents also supply refreshments!
Finally: Please respect the property, privacy and the scarecrows of the Norland Residents and give consideration to others whether walking or driving; but most of all enjoy the Festival.
Just Some of 2018 Scarecrows