Welcome to the Norland Scarecrow Festival, which is run by the local people of Norland for the benefit of the whole community, with the money that is raised going to local causes and charities.
The 2022 Norland Scarecrow Festival
- DATES: Friday 2nd, Saturday 3rd and Sunday 4th September.
- THEME: Children’s Favourites.
- FESTIVAL ACTIVITIES: For full details and top tips click here. Please keep checking the Norland Scarecrows Facebook page for updates.
Visiting the Norland Scarecrow Festival
- Parking: Please use the FREE car park, next to the Scarecrow Tent, on the playing fields in the centre of Norland (see map on the right, use postcode HX6 3RL or see directions). Please do not park on the roads in the village or leading into it, as this causes congestion and interferes with resident parking.
- Viewing the Scarecrows: Is best done on foot or bicycle, using the Trail Sheet, which can be bought at the Scarecrow Tent or in Church for £2 (all proceeds go to charity) to find your way around. Please don’t attempt to visit all the scarecrows by vehicle – the local roads are very narrow. However, there is a section of the trail, as shown on the Trail Sheet, which can be done by car.
- Refreshments: There are many places to pick up food and drink, the Scarecrow Cafe in school and Norland WMC, plus the ice cream van in the centre of the village. There are also numerous pubs and some local residents also supply refreshments!
Finally: Please respect the property, privacy and the scarecrows of the Norland Residents and give consideration to others whether walking or driving; but most of all enjoy the Festival.