Unfortunately there will be no festival in 2021 but we aim to be back in 2022
Welcome to the Norland Scarecrow Festival, which is run by the local people of Norland for the benefit of the whole community, with the money that is raised going to local causes and charities.
If you’d rather just donate click here
Find out who our 2019 winners were – 2019 Winners
The 2022 Norland Scarecrow Festival
- DATES: Friday 2nd -Monday 5th September.
- FESTIVAL ACTIVITIES: keep checking the facebook page Norland Scarecrows to keep up to date
Visiting the Norland Scarecrow Festival
- Parking: If you are visiting the Festival, please use the FREE car park, next to the Scarecrow Tent, on the playing fields in the centre of Norland, (see map, right or use postcode HX6 3RL). Please do not park on the roads in the village or leading into it, as this causes congestion and interferes with resident parking. More info on how to get to the festival.
- Viewing the Scarecrows: this is best done on foot or bicycle, using the Trail Sheet, which can be bought at the Scarecrow Tent for £2 (all proceeds go to charity) to find your way around. Please don’t attempt to visit all the scarecrows by vehicle – the local roads are very narrow. However, there is a section of the trail, as shown on the Trail Sheet, which can be done by car.
- Refreshments: There are many places to pick up food and drink, including Norland Church, the Scarecrow Cafe (Hollin Lane) and Norland WMC, plus the icecream van in the centre of the village. There are also numerous pubs and some local residents also supply refreshments!
Finally: Please respect the property, privacy and the scarecrows of the Norland Residents and give consideration to others whether walking or driving; but most of all enjoy the Festival.
Just Some of 2019 Scarecrows