This year Norland Scarecrow Festival needs you!
Welcome to the Norland Scarecrow Festival, which is run by the local people of Norland for the benefit of the whole community, with the money that is raised going to local causes and charities.
This year due to covid 19, we would love you to join in from a far.
There are lots of different scarecrow related categories for you to compete in, with prizes for the best ones!
We would be very grateful if you could donate an entry fee, as we still want to support all the amazing charities and local good causes which we normally support, anything you can give will be greatly appreciated!
Entry forms and full list of categories now ready for your amazing handicraft!
Link is here.
If you’d rather just donate click here
Find out who our 2019 winners were – 2019 Winners
The 2020 Norland Scarecrow Festival
- DATES: the whole of August – entries close first weekend in September.
- THEME: This year’s festival theme ‘by you’ We look forward to the usual range of ingenious, witty and beautifully made scarecrows appearing in our inbox.
- FESTIVAL ACTIVITIES: obviously this year is very different to normal, but keep checking the facebook page for lots of different activity ideas
We’re hoping next year will be back to normal so if you’ve never been before please see the details below, but please can you refrain from visiting for the 2020 festival to make social distancing easier for those sheltering in our community. Thank you for understanding and please get involved with all the activities this year!
Visiting the Norland Scarecrow Festival
- Parking: If you are visiting the Festival, please use the FREE car park, next to the Scarecrow Tent, on the playing fields in the centre of Norland, (see map, right or use postcode HX6 3RL). Please do not park on the roads in the village or leading into it, as this causes congestion and interferes with resident parking. More info on how to get to the festival.
- Viewing the Scarecrows: this is best done on foot or bicycle, using the Trail Sheet, which can be bought at the Scarecrow Tent for £2 (all proceeds go to charity) to find your way around. Please don’t attempt to visit all the scarecrows by vehicle – the local roads are very narrow. However, there is a section of the trail, as shown on the Trail Sheet, which can be done by car.
- Refreshments: There are many places to pick up food and drink, including Norland Church, the Scarecrow Cafe (Hollin Lane) and Norland WMC, plus the icecream van in the centre of the village. There are also numerous pubs and some local residents also supply refreshments!
Finally: Please respect the property, privacy and the scarecrows of the Norland Residents and give consideration to others whether walking or driving; but most of all enjoy the Festival.
Just Some of 2019 Scarecrows