Welcome to the Norland Scarecrow Festival, which is run by the local people of Norland for the benefit of the whole community, with the money that is raised going to local causes and charities. It’s also a great family day out!
The 2016 Norland Scarecrow Festival
- DATES: Friday 2nd September through to Monday 5th September. 9am to 7pm – weather permitting. Feel free to visit on any of these days!
- THEME: This year’s festival theme is “books” – all the scarecrows will be built with this theme in mind. We look forward to the usual range of ingenious, witty and beautifully made scarecrows appearing all round our village.
- FESTIVAL ACTIVITIES: As well as scarecrows, there’s music, food, ice creams and lots more at this year’s Festival – Full details & top tips on enjoying your day!
Visiting the Norland Scarecrow Festival
- Parking: If you are visiting the Festival, please use the main car park, next to the Scarecrow Tent, on the playing fields in the centre of Norland, (see map, right or use postcode HX6 3RL). Parking is free if you purchase one of our Trail Guides for £2. All proceeds go to good causes. More info on how to get to the festival.
- Viewing the Scarecrows: this is best done on foot or bicycle, using the Trail Sheet to find your way around. Please don’t attempt to visit all the scarecrows by vehicle – the local roads are very narrow. However, there is a section of the trail, as shown on the Trail Sheet, which can be done by car.
- Refreshments: There are many places to pick up food and drink, including the main scarecrow tent, church, Middle Harper Royd Croft and school in the centre of Norland. There are also numerous pubs and some local residents also supply refreshments!
Finally: Please respect the property, privacy and the scarecrows of the Norland Residents and give consideration to others whether walking or driving; but most of all enjoy the Festival.
Just Some of This Year’s Scarecrows